Monday, December 14, 2009

Make-it Mondays: Reviewing R-Nest WinterFest

The R-Nest WinterFest Door Prize Winner!!!

Oh the Monday mopes, I am sick! Despite my Dayquil haze and failing vocal chords I, along several amazing ROC Etsy street team members, enjoyed our first (and not last!) successful public sale. The R-Nest WinterFest was our first large scale team effort. We gathered at our meetings to plan, sent tons of emails back and forth, bombed the town with signs that we staple-gunned in mall parking lots, and traversed murky insurance issues. All in all it went well, but now we must come together to see how to improve.

Some suggestions:
  1. Start later in the day or on a Saturday.
  2. Don't put up signs before snow storms. And advertise even more!
  3. Check out wifi capability and fees of the venue (we were credit card ready, with our own shopping site until...da-da-da...the $150 dollar fee.)
  4. Check ATM's. We had one, but it was busted. Lame.
  5. A larger location, like a church or school to pull more people and vendors.
Leave me more suggestions and I will add them to this post.

Things that rocked were:
  1. Our raffle table and humoungoid door prize. I saw a lot of action there.
  2. Networking with other ROC Etsy vendors.
  3. Inspiration from vendors displays, packaging and products.
  4. Sweet trades and word of mouth sales, by modeling what other vendors were selling.
  5. Super supportive, friends, neighbors, colleagues and family who love to buy our stuff.
  6. WIDE variety of vendors within our group.
Leave me things you loved and I will also post them.



Now, one more thing. My photos of this event suck! Send your photos to buenahelena@hotmail.com and I will post them here as they come. Let's keep this post ever updating for the next couple weeks as a reflection and even greater direction for the future!

4 comments:

  1. Maybe check to see if the ATM works! I heard that was a problem.

    Even more advertising. We did really good, but we can always do MORE!

    I think a location in a school or church might work also, then we get some people from that community as well.

    We had more people who wanted to join us but we didn't have room, so perhaps a larger space.

    I think the variety of vendors we had was great!

    I like doing shows with friends, it is more relaxed and I feel comfortable leaving my table for awhile.

    I always get inspired by others work and their displays, so Huzzah for that!

    OK....I'm going to shut up for now, but I had a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thnx Just Ice Jewelry for sending me all these great photos. I still need one of The Quilted House and our awesome soap lady. Mmmm...maybe I can steal them from Michelle's blog.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can send you a pic of my table, Carol. Also, I sent a pic of the winner of the door prize. One thing I think that rocked was all the folks who donated for the door prize & raffle: Duncan Creative (Karen Duncan), Inky Star Shop (Kaitlin E. Gray), MF Crafts (Marie Ferner), all the vendors, anyone I'm forgetting?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the pictures michelle and everyone's feedback!!!

    ReplyDelete