Friday, January 22, 2010

Jack's Pick: Scrabble Tile Necklace by In My Head Studios

Each Friday I select an item created by a member of the Rochester NY Etsy Street Team(RNEST). What criteria do I use? I look for great looking items that I think are well made offered for a great price!

In My Head Studios does amazing things with dominoes and scrabble tiles. This week I have selected a great scrabble pendant called Rock Star Swirl!

First, can I just say that no one wants to play Scrabble with me anymore because I take too long on my turn trying to come up with the longest word I can find, even if it means making up new words. But back to the item...

As you can see in the pictures, In My Head Studios takes an old unloved scrabble tile, and transforms it into a little masterpiece that will be adored by millions. OK, maybe that is a bit of an overstatement, but the act of transformation that occurs when you alter a common item into a new purpose is always an
exciting one for me.

I like this particular one because of the color and shape of the imprint on the tile makes it look more like stone than wood, reminding me of marble. I think it would really work well with lots of apparel choices. I think to the common observer, no one would would realize that it's a scrabble tile, and then when you show them it's initial form, they will be "wowwed" by the ruse.

Great job In My Head Studios! Keep up the wondeful art!


0 comments:

Post a Comment