Friday, February 26, 2010

Jack's Pick: Creative.Hodge.Podge's Peanut Butter (and) Jellyfish Original Drawing

Each Friday I select an item created by a member of the Rochester NY Etsy Street Team(RNEST). What criteria do I use? I look for great looking items that I think are well made offered for a great price!

As I was looking around the RNEST universe this morning along came a jellyfish. One of the newer members of the RNEST team is Creative.Hodge.Podge and among the many original items in her shop is a wonderful drawing called Peanut Butter (and) Jellyfish.

If you look around etsy it is flooded with unique, off beat items like this featuring jellyfish, octopi, and many other invertebrates. This one speaks to me especially though!

First, I love the colors. Something so comforting about the colors of brown and purple. It really captures that comfort food of peanut butter and jelly. Then juxtapose a creepy and dangerous jellyfish in that equation, and you have wonderful contrast that is very alluring. I love art on re-purposed materials also, and Sarah found a page from a first aid manual that is addressing a jelly fish sting. Come on, how cool is that!

Can't say enough about this one! Great job Sarah!

1 comment: