Friday, July 23, 2010

Jack's Pick: Duncan Creative's Crochet Necklace

Each Friday I select an item created by a member of the Rochester NY Etsy Street Team(RNEST). What criteria do I use? I look for great looking items that I think are well made offered for a great price!

So I am used to crochet scarves. Hats and gloves, yup...got 'em. But I have to admit, crochet NECKLACES are a new thing to me. I'm sure they have been around, but I'm not usually following
the crochet scene. But the Lavender Fields Crochet Necklace that was handmade with love by karenswimmer of Duncan Creative
looks awesome and novel to me.

So I'm a dude, and probably wouldn't wear this one, but I still think this kicks rear end. Why? Function...that's
why. Maybe you are the kind of person who likes to wear scarves in the winter...hey...I do! But come summer, you got to put that stuff away...too hot. Well a gem like this crochet necklace is perfect...still get that soft look, but not all that heat. I dig that. Next is style...it looks sweet, and who else you know who is rocking this look! Also, you don't have to mine all the gold, silver, and rocks out of the earth to have this accessory.

Karen, if you make one of these for a dude, I might wear it myself. Oh yeah, and one more thing, in July Duncan Creative is having a buy one get one half off sale, so grab a couple of these yarn bombs.

1 comment: