Friday, January 14, 2011

Jack's Pick: Snowy Tree Line Photgraphy by lovenaturephotos

Each Friday I select an item created by a member of the Rochester NY Etsy Street Team(RNEST). What criteria do I use? I look for great looking items that I think are well made offered for a great price!

Here in Rochester, we endure some harsh winter conditions. Lake effect is a dirty word to most. The cold winter wind cuts through to our core. But even in the frigid middle of winter, in the deepestsnow, most people here at some point or another in the year go, "Boy, it sure is pretty out today."

Aimee Maher of lovenaturephotos finds beauty in our darkest months. Her shop name is so fitting, and I'm right there with you, "I love nature photos," too! Aimee has taken some enjoyable winter landscapes that capture what it really looks like out the window in the throws of January.

The photo I have selected, called "Snowy Tree Line" I like most for its depth. It leads you into the photo, and takes you on a journey down a snowy path. It reminds me of Robert Frost. It reminds me of the words to Jingle Bells. It is the kind of road I want to take a stroll down to find a warm fire and a cup of hot cocoa at the other end.

I love the curly branches too.

Right now Aimee has a "BOGO" sale on (Buy One, Get One), and you can order this print and another in whatever size you want.

1 comment:

  1. John, Thank you, I feel so Honored that you choose my photo for your pick this week. This photo is one of my favorites as well. I love your description of how it makes you feel and that is my true purpose of sharing my photos, to let people feel the true beauty of nature.

    ReplyDelete