Monday, August 12, 2013

Make-It Monday: DIY No-Sew Recycled Clothing Wall Pockets

It's been awhile, but we actually have a Make-It Monday post again!  
This project is brought to you by KiraArts' blog.

"I had this idea pop into my head this morning... to use the breast pocket of a men's shirt to make another version of a no-sew embroidery hoop wall pocket!  (I'm sure I'm not the first person to have this idea, but I still think it's pretty cool!)


 It's ridiculously simple.  Find a piece of old clothing with a pocket, place it how you want it in the embroidery hoop, tighten the screw, and cut of the excess fabric around the edges!  Ta-da! 


The size of the hoop depends on the size/style of the clothing item or the look you're going for (if you'll notice, I did something different with the jeans pocket).  I used a 9 inch diameter hoop for the shirt pockets.  I used a smaller size for the jeans, since it was a bigger pocket and I was experimenting with a different style for the pocket.


This is a great way to save a piece of clothing with sentimental value... like your dad's or grandfather's old shirt... and turn it into some functional wall art.  Or if you don't have any shirts/jeans lying around ready for crafting, you can just hit up your local thrift store!  (all my embroidery hoops are from the thrift store as well!)

Enjoy!"



We hope to have more Make-It Monday projects soon!  Happy crafting!

1 comment:

  1. thanks for sharing. These were so cute at the meeting lat night.

    ReplyDelete